People have often told me I have a screw loose. This time it was a bolt. Actually it wasn't loose it was sheared just about 3/8ths inch from the end. It was the front bolt of the support for the top case of my motorcycle. Theories about the shear from members of the Indianapolis BMW Motorcycle Club at the informal club breakfast last Saturday were more numerous than the bagels at Shapiro's Deli. Many thought I may have overloaded the case with camera gear on a recent 1,500 mile trip. A rough bounce might have caused the bolt to shear they thought. As a photographer, I refuse to accept that theory. It must have been metal fatigue from some faulty manufacturing ┬áprocess. As luck would have it, I had already order two replacement bolts about the time I bought the bike. I must have had a premonition. But you can't put the new bolt in until you get the remanent of the old bold out of the nut that was welded to the bike. As bad luck would have it, that was the section of bolt that had Loctite too. As good luck would have it, one of my motorcycle buddies who is a retired tool and die maker, lives just a mile from my house. Dennis Shelly is always willing to help anyone in need. Furthermore, unlike me, he actually knows where his tools are and he always seems to have whatever is needed for the job at hand. As I pulled up to his house, he had already prepared the garage as a work space. We first tried drilling the end of the loose bolt. It was hardened steel and could not be drilled. This was going to make the bolt removal much more difficult. Dennis center-punched the end of the broken bolt and put a center drill in the detent. I was bracing the bike from the other side. Every now and then, I thought I saw the drill chuck move slightly. But at the rate it was moving, it would take a long, long time. But then we had some good luck. The pressure Dennis was putting on the drill actually made the bolt start to go further in the nut. Finally it popped out the back side of the nut. We cleaned out the threads with a tap and remounted the top case support. Mission accomplished. Thanks Dennis.